Parasailing in Goa
Parachuting as a sport became popular in the 1960s and since then is enjoyed by a great number of people around the world. This sport is constantly undergoing changes in the qualitative aspect, is modernizing, developing and improving. An example of such constant changes is the parasailing which appeared from the usual parachuting, but is popular among extreme tourism fans.
What is parasailing?
Parasailing is also known as a soaring on a parachute and is a kind of active recreation wherein a person is fastened to a special wing-form parachute towed by a boat that raises the viewer on exciting height. The impressions from soaring over the boundless sea and the bird-eye view are really unforgettable. Morover, this kind of sport is one of the most safety entertainments among water sport activities and does not require any special training or skills.
Those who are fond of speed and high can try parasailing in Goa. Goa is the second tourist destination after the Taj Mahal in India. The region is famous for its magnificent beaches which yearly attracts thousands of tourists from around the world. It would be quite odd if parasailing was not developed in Goa. This active sport is provided at most of Goa famous resorts, including Bogmallo and Benaulim.
Parasailing in Goa is truly unforgettable adventure that everyone would love to be a part off. A 300 feet length rope is fastened to the boat at one end and to the parachute at another end. When the boat moves through the water, a skydiver takes off and flies like a bird following the boat above the water. From the height which the parachute rises on carried away by the speedboat you can perfectly see the entire territory of the most beautiful Goa beaches like Calangute, Baga and Anjuna. By the way, parasailing in Goa is relatively cheap entertainment compared with the same service in other countries of the world.
Many tourists like to be involved into such a magnificent adventure sport and to take up these risks. The Government of Goa even officially provides the parasailing coaching for those tourists who are interested in this recreational sport and/or want to try it for the first time. Such famous beaches as Majorda, Dona Paula and Condolim have already opted into parasailing and offer their guests to try this small adventure. And those who don’t want to be a part of this sport and simply want to watch the Para sailors from a closer distance may use a special shacks that had been made especially for such purposes. But, of course, to take the extra chance and to go about it is much more interesting and fascinating than a simple watch!
Best places for parasailing in Goa
Nowadays Goa has several most suitable and popular places for parasailing fans. Few of them we would like ti recommend you.
- Mobor Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in Goa. Clean and undisturbed Morbor beach allows you to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. The beach provides numerous leisure activities that you can take yourself on the beach, including parasailing.
- Cavelossim Beach is another one unique and beautiful Goa beach with a soft white sand near the black rocks and all the amenities for the tourists. It is located southward from Benaulim, just 12 km away from the city in the Southern Goa. Here the fans of parasailing sport activity will enjoy the captivating beauty of the beach from the bird's eye panorama.
- Anjuna Beach is located about 18 km from Panaji and is one of the most appropriate and suitable places to practice parasailing. Stretching for tens of kilometers along the coast of the Arabian Sea, the Anjuna Beach offers the tourists to enjoy a unique and picturesque view onto the local landscape from the height of 150 meters.
- Calangute Beach is a sandy beach with fine sand of dirty-light color. The wide beach line stretches for 7 km along the coast and forms a coastline of a half moon shape. This place is famous for the huge variety of water activities, including so much popular parasailing. The water activities are available from noon when the wind changes its direction into the most convenient for parasailing.
- Baga Beach is located in Northern Goa about 9 km from Mapusa and 16 km from Panaji. The beach borders with Calangute Beach in the south and Anjuna Beach in the north. If you want to enjoy the beautiful view of Baga Beach, try the exciting water sports or just to watch dolphins, we advise you to parasailing here rather than elsewhere in Goa. You will not only enjoy the beautiful vast ocean and its blue waters, white beach sands and unique view, but also feel the adrenaline rush and unlimited freedom floating above the reaches of the Baga Beach. You will fly up to 150 meters feeling the weightlessness of your body and enjoying the breath taking view of the ocean and coast line.
What else will you need for parasailing in Goa?
The fast and furious yacht or motorboat and the life jacket to ensure your safety during the activity are integral things for parasailing. If you are planning to have unforgettable holidays and private yacht cruises with some water sport activities like parasailing than no doubts you should hire yacht in Goa. The best variant for parasailing in Goa is Yacht Regal which offers your standard and extended seating options and spacious deck. This fast motorboat will not only give you the fantastical speed and ultimate experience of ship navigating on illimitable sea spaces but also make the parasailing the most remarkable, fantastical and unforgettable part of your great Goa holidays!